FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Process Manager Overview
The Process Manager allows you to view and manage a list of your websites current running processes.Note: FastDomain is a shared webhost. Because you share the server processor time with your neighbors, FastDomain limits the number of total processes you can run on the server at one time. Legacy users are allowed to run 20 concurrent processes, while Rock users will have the ability to run 25 concurrent processes. If you attempt to run more than your plan's allowed concurrent processes, your website may not display properly.
The Process Manager tool is only available in Legacy accounts. Rock users will not see a Process Manager tool.
To use your Process Manager:
- Log in to your FastDomain cPanel account.
- Under the cPanel find the Advanced menu.
- Click on the Process Manager icon.
- This will take you to your Process Manager Menu. If you do not have any processes running, you will not see information in the box.
- If the menu (Process ID, Process Name, Running Since, and Action) displays a list of of around 20 processes that are running then you most likely have several stalled processes that are no longer functioning properly.
- Examine the processes list closely before beginning to kill the processes. You will want to make sure they are not vital processes that if killed could cause additional harm to your system.
- The most common reason for processes stalling comes from php files. Often times these php files are several days old and failed to execute. If you wish to kill these processes:
- Kill Process: This option should kill your processes automatically. If you attempt the Kill Process command and it fails, you can also try Force Kill Process.
- Note: Use the Force Kill Process option with EXTREME CAUTION as this tool can cause serious damage to vital processes.
- Example: If there are MySQL processes running and the normal Kill Process failed then running the "Force Kill Process" could lead to issues such as database corruption and failure.
Knowledgebase Article 116,587 views bookmark
sharetags: concurrent connections displaying frozen manager manger process site twenty website
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Why don't my images display on my site?
You have invested a significant amount of time creating and perfecting your website, and you're ready to publish it for the world to see! Are you really though? Use this checklist to ensure your site is ready for publication.
Knowledgebase Article 8,352 views tags: checklist guide list practice publication publish site website
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it.
Related Help Content
How do I upload my web site?
Clients in China are unable to view my website. My website's content doesn't contain any objectionable material.
Knowledgebase Article 181,338 views tags: access block blocking censor censorship china domain firewall people peoples project proxy shield site view website
The website is taking a long time to load. It just seems slower today than normal.
This article will explain how to utilize the IP Deny Manager tool in cPanel.
How do I view Thumbnails of images in a directory? How do I scale images? How do I convert an image to a jpg, gif, bmp, or png?
My process for my script / program is timing out after 10 minutes.
Knowledgebase Article 95,837 views tags: peak performance process quits responding seconds stop stopped stops terminated terminates timing
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager.
This article will walk you through extracting compressed files using the File Manager.