FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Joomla Session Save Path Unwriteable Error
Trying to install Joomla manually and getting a session.save_path is un-writeable error.
Additional Notes: If the error persists, one of two things can be done:
- Log in to your FastDomain cPanel account.
- In the cPanel under Files select the File Manager icon.
- Find the public_html file and then php.ini and then right click.
- Select Code Edit.
- Around line 824 is something which looks like ;session.save_path = /tmp
- Remove the semicolon ';' in the front so it looks like this: session.save_path = /tmp
- Make the path go to the temp folder on your account session.save_path = /home/username/tmp where username is your cPanel username listed inside of cPanel.
- Save the Changes
- Place a copy of the modified php.ini file into the "administrator" or other appropriate folder
- Inside cPanel, select the PHP Config icon, enable PHP 5 (FastCGI) and Save Changes
Recommended Help Content
Look for the error message that most closely matches the one you received.
tags: email error
A list of locations where you can find support for joomla outside of FastDomain
How do I reset my Joomla password?
Related Help Content
How do I use the free shared SSL Certificate?
What is the path to Ruby?
tags: path ruby
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress.
This article explains how to install WordPress when Mojo is unable to create the database automatically.
Website shows a server 500 error, what can I do to fix it?
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
How to customize your html or php error pages.
tags: errors php
To install a phpBB forum using MOJO Marketplace, log into the cPanel and scroll down to the Software/Services category. Click on the MOJO Marketplace icon. Click on the phpBB icon. Click the Install Now bu