FastDomain Web Hosting Help
- Home or work machine
- Is the connection using IMAP or POP3?
Pop3 only allows 1 connection to connect at one time.
(Imap can have timeout issues if there is no recent activity.
- Is it a problem sending receiving or both?
Sending issues are normally caused by incorrect SMTP settings.
Receiving issues are normally due to incorrect usernames and/or passwords.
Please check webmail to see if unread messages exist, or can send messages.
- Are the SMTP settings correct?
Settings are normally mail.domain.com for incoming, outgoing can use either your ISP's SMTP server settings or mail.domain.com.)
- Are you using an SSL connection?
Please try with out SSL connections
- Your domain name.
- Username(s) for the affected E-mail account(s).
- Password(s) for the affected E-mail account(s).
- The amount of addresses affected, is it just 1 email account or is it all of them?
- A copy of the exact error message you're receiving.
- A complete description of the problem and when it occurs (e.g., sending, receiving, or both?)
- The E-mail client you're using (Outlook, Eudora, etc.)
Other information that can be helpful includes:
- The speed and type of your Internet connection.
- If you have access to a different ISP account, does the problem occur with that connection, too?
- Is the problem consistent or sporadic?
- When did the problem start?
- The results of a traceroute to mail.yourdomain.com, where yourdomain.com is the name of your actual domain name.
- If a blacklisted or returned email please include the full headers of that email.
- If you are unable to receive mail from your account after working through these steps, please provide an off-network e-mail address that we can reply to.