FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Process / Script Times Out After 10 Minutes
The program or script you run on your site may require a process to run longer than 10 minutes.
A dedicated IP address will help when processes from scripts or programs, which don't consume too much CPU, need to run in the background for longer than 10 minutes.
- On a shared IP address, the process will terminate at the 10 minute mark (600 seconds).
- With a dedicated IP address, processes are allowed to run for more than 10 minutes as long as they aren't consuming too much of the server's memory, which would result in having CPU's limited.
- Account throttling can occur both on a shared and a dedicated IP address.
- Certain voice chat programs require a dedicated IP address before they can be setup and used.
- If you have a program that sends out emails every so many seconds, such as from a mailing list program like DaDa Mail, then you would need to get a dedicated IP address, if it's going to take more than 10 minutes to send out the emails.
Additional Information:Follow this link to find out the differences between Shared and Dedicated IPs.
Knowledgebase Article 82,517 views bookmark
sharetags: peak performance process quits responding seconds stop stopped stops terminated terminates timing
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
What is CPU Protection
Knowledgebase Article 270,059 views tags: cpu database mysql optimize peak performance query script slow
How to install a program using MOJO Marketplace.
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
Knowledgebase Article 99,574 views tags: concurrent connections displaying frozen manager manger process site twenty website
Related Help Content
Does your company have any limit about CGI script use?
When I attempt to execute my Ruby on Rails application I receive "500- Premature end of script."
How can I protect the images on my website?
What does it mean when it says that a System Administrator is "Investigating Server Performance"?
Most people use email every day, if not multiple times a day; so it’s safe to say that email marketing is good for business. In fact, a recent study showed that email marketing is almost 40 times more effective in new customer acquisition than Facebook and Twitter combined!
Knowledgebase Article 45,184 views tags: Contact campaign constant email law marketing spam subscribers
My WordPress site is slow or seems down.
How to Stop A Directory Index From Being Shown