FastDomain Web Hosting Help
MySQL Database Restore
There are three options available to backup your MySQL databases
Using Site Backup & Restore
- Log in to your FastDomain cPanel account.
- Under the Files section, select Site Backup & Restore.
- Click the Restore tab.
- Select MySQL Database option.
- Select the desired archive date.
- Select the desired database.
- Click Restore option on the right, or from the interactive mouse-over menu.
- Login to your cPanel and click phpMyAdmin icon in Databases section.
- Select the database you wish to import the backup from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Import tab.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Click the Go button.
Note: This can take a significant period of time, depending on the size of the file being imported, the number of operations the .sql file must perform, and a number of other variables.
Using the Command Line
mysql -p -u username database_name < file.sql
Note: You will be prompted for your MYSQL password. Enter your password and this will export a copy of the database into your specified filename.
If you need assistance with any of these procedures, please contact our Support department.