FastDomain Web Hosting Help
This article will explain how to manage the PostgreSQL Databases on your account.
Managing PostgreSQL Databases
After creating the database, a user will need to be created and their privileges added to the newly created database. Please note that PostgreSQL user accounts must be created separately from mail, MySQL, and web administrator accounts.
Creating a PostgreSQL User
- To quickly access the PostgreSQL Users, click Jump to PostgreSQL Users.
- Under Add New User, enter a Username. Note: The username must be 7 letters or shorter.
- Enter a password in the Password field.
- Retype the password in the Password (Again) field.
- Click Create User./li>
Add a User to a DatabasePrivileges define how the user is able to interact with the database. For example, they will determine whether or not the user can add and delete information.
- Under Add User to Database, select a user from the User drop-down menu.
- From the Database drop-down menu, select the database to which you wish to allow the user access.
- Click Add.
- From the PostgreSQL Account Maintenance screen, select the privileges you wish to grant the user, or select ALL PRIVILEGES.
- Click Make Changes.
PL/pgSQL can be enabled on your databases individually by our Level III technicians. Also, if you wish to have the function plpgsql_call_handler() created in your database, please make sure you mention it, since this is no longer done automatically.
How to import a postgres database via SSH
pg_restore -d db_name file_name.sql
How to export a postgres database via SSH
pg_dump -cif file_name.sql db_name