FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Backup and Restore with Site Backup Pro
This article applies to Legacy accounts only.
Restoring Files or Folders with Site Backup & Restore tool
To restore your files and folders you can use the Site Backup and Restore tool. This tool is located within the Files category of your cPanel.
Restoring Files or Folders
Warning: Restoring files or databases from a backup will overwrite the files or databases currently on your account.
- After logging into your account go to the cPanel. Click hosting at the top, then click cpanel beneath the hosting link.
- On the cPanel scroll to the File Management group of icons.
- Click on the Site Backup Pro icon.
- Choose browse next to the type of restore you want to do. The following are your options:
- Website Files: This will allow you to restore files within your public_html folder. This is usually where your website resides.
- Home Directory: This will allow you to restore files in your home directory. These are files anywhere in your account.
- Email Messages: This will restore only files related to email.
- MySQL: This will allow you to restore MySQL databases on your account.
- On the right side, near the top, will be a drop down of the backup dates available. Choose the date you wish to restore from.
- Choose the files, folders or databases you would like to restore.
- Click the restore link.
- You will get a popup asking you to confirm that you want to overwrite the data on your account. Click Ok to confirm you want to do the restore.
Your backup will begin running. When completed you will see a message on the screen.
Knowledgebase Article 351,996 views bookmark
sharetags: backup files folders restore site
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How to backup individual files or folders with the Site Backup Pro tool
How to restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to backup all of your MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
Related Help Content
How to restore Email Messages the Site Backup Pro tool
Knowledgebase Article 223,464 views tags: backup email forwarders restore site
How to manage your backups using Site Backup and Restore
This article will explain how to use WordPress Tools to backup or restore your WordPress site
Knowledgebase Article 168,317 views tags: backup restore wordpresstools
How do I restore my old hosting provider backup onto FastDomain?
If you need to transfer or restore a cPanel account for your VPS or Dedicated server, there is a tool within the WHM panel to perform these tasks. This article is about transferring or restoring from another server or restoring after a re-image.
Knowledgebase Article 60,347 views tags: backup cpanel dedicated hosting restore server transfer vps
This article explains how to get started using CodeGuard to backup and restore your website file and database data.
How often do you backup my site? When do automated backups take place?