FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Changing WordPress Themes From the Database
Sometimes, updates made to WordPress or Plugins may break your site due to incompatibilities with your Theme. In most cases, this will prevent you from being able to access the Admin Dashboard, and the Theme will need to be updated to fix any errors. This guide will walk you through updating your WordPress Theme from the Database if you cannot access the Admin Dashboard.
These steps will vary depending on which interface your account is using. Once logged in, click the Hosting tab at the top of the account.
- Click on the cpanel sub-tab.
- Click on the phpMyAdmin icon in the database tools section.
- Click the Advanced tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the phpMyAdmin icon in the Databases section.
Once you have opened phpMyAdmin, choose the database the WordPress site in question is using. Click the + icon next to your username to expand if you do not see a list of databases in the sidebar on the left.
Setting a New Theme
- Select the wp_options table.
- Once loaded, click on the Browse tab. This allows you to browse the columns broken down into pages.
- Check the box to Show All
- Locate the template and stylesheet settings. Click Edit.
- In the option_value setting, replace the current theme with a default theme (Twentyfifteen, Twentysixteen, etc.).
- Click Go to save when you are finished.
Once updated, your WordPress site and Admin Dashboard should be accessible.