If you are using assistive technology and are unable to read any part of the FastDomain website, or otherwise have difficulties using the FastDomain website, please call 888-210-FAST and our customer service team will assist you.
FastDomain Web Hosting Help
How to Copy or Rename a Database
How to Copy a Database
To copy a database you will need to export the original database, and then import it into a new database.
How to Export the Original Database
- Go to phpMyAdmin
- Click on the existing database on the left sidebar
- Click Export at the top
- Click the "Save on server in the directory" checkbox, and click Go
- This will save a .sql file to a temporary folder on your account.
How to Import onto a New Database
- Create a new database in cPanel
- Go to phpMyAdmin
- Click the new database name in the top left
- Click Import in the main area of phpMyAdmin
- Click the radio button "Select from the web server upload directory /home/USERNAME/tmp/:"
- Select the database you imported earlier from the drop down box and click Go
Note: phpMyAdmin will timeout after 30 seconds of attempting to import.
If you experience this timeout you will need to import your database using SSH. Instructions for that can be found at FastDomain.com/hosting/help/162
For security reasons, it's best to upload your database to the
section of your account. (Replace USERNAME
with your account username.)
Renaming a Database
Unfortunately, the only way to rename a database is to follow the above direction and import the database to a new, empty database with the desired name.
Recommended Help Content
This article will show you how to rename a database table in phpMyAdmin.
A guide to duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface.
Related Help Content
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin?
Step by step directions on how you can search your database using phpMyAdmin
A tutorial on how to perminately delete columns from your mySQL database using phpMyAdmin
This article will walk you through copying and moving files using the File Manager.
Guidance on adding tables to your mySQL database in phpMyAdmin
How to Restore your MySQL Database?
How to export your database in phpMyAdmin..
How to repair and optimize your database using phpMyAdmin: