If you are using assistive technology and are unable to read any part of the FastDomain website, or otherwise have difficulties using the FastDomain website, please call 888-210-FAST and our customer service team will assist you.
FastDomain Web Hosting Help
How To Copy A Database Using PHPMyAdmin
This tutorial will demonstrate how to copy or duplicate a database in phpMyAdmin.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel .
- Select the database you wish to copy (by clicking on the database from the phpMyAdmin home screen).
- Once inside the database, select the Operations tab.
- Scroll down to the section where it says "Copy database to:"
- Type in the name of the new database.
- Select "structure and data" to copy everything. Alternately, you can select "Structure only" if you want the columns but not the data.
- Check the box "CREATE DATABASE before copying" to create a new database.
- Check the box "Add AUTO_INCREMENT value."
- Click on the Go button to proceed.
If you click on the home icon, you will notice your new database listed in the left column. If you go inside, you will see the database is a copy of the previous database.
Recommended Help Content
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin?
A tutorial on how to perminately delete columns from your mySQL database using phpMyAdmin
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface.
Related Help Content
A step by step guide on how to manipulate data in your mySQL tables using phpMyAdmin
This article will show you how to rename a database table in phpMyAdmin.
Step by step directions on how you can search your database using phpMyAdmin
A guide on performing a standard SQL query using the phpMyAdmin interface
This article will walk you through the steps to copying and renaming a database with phpMyAdmin.
This article will explain MySQL database and user creation and deletion, and explain how to assign a user to a database.
How to Restore your MySQL Database?
Instructions on adding a column to your database in phpMyAdmin