FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Change a MySQL Users Password
This article will explain how to change or reset the password for a MySQL user.
Access MySQL Databases
- Log in to your FastDomain cPanel account.
- Click the Hosting tab near the top.
- Click the Databases link underneath the hosting tab.
Using the MySQL Databases Page to change the Password
- On the MySQL Databases page scroll down to the current users section.
- In the list of users find the user you wish to reset the password for.
- Click the Set Password link next to that user.
- On the next page, enter the password you would like the user to have.
- Click the Change Password button and the new password will be applied.
Knowledgebase Article 30,630 views bookmark
sharetags: change mysql password reset user
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
This article will explain how to change the password for a database in the event that the original password is lost.
I am prompted to set a new MySQL password. What does this mean and how do I change it?
This article will explain MySQL database and user creation and deletion, and explain how to assign a user to a database.
Related Help Content
How do I change my Control Panel password?
I cannot connect to my database locally or remotely, do I have the correct server, username and password?
This article explains how to reset a lost WordPress password using phpMyAdmin.
How do I grant permissions to cPanel for my MySQL database administrator without giving them the domain password?
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail
This article will explain how to connect your scripts to your MySQL databases.
How do I reset my Joomla password?