If you are using assistive technology and are unable to read any part of the FastDomain website, or otherwise have difficulties using the FastDomain website, please call 888-210-FAST and our customer service team will assist you.
FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Setting a Password for the Main MySQL User
The main MySQL username is primarily used to login to phpMyAdmin however it can also be used in database connection scripts. If you are using the main MySQL username to connect to a database, you will need to change the MySQL user password and update the password in your script.
Note: MySQL users you create will not be affected. This password change is only for the main username as shown on the password change screen.
Setting the main MySQL Password
- Login to your FastDomain Control Panel
- Click the Reset MySQL Password icon, found under the Databases section of the cPanel.
- Notice the username shown. This is the main username for your account.
- Enter in a new password in the "New Password" text box. As you type you will see the password requirements which have not yet been met. You can also see your password's strength.
Note: This will only change the password for the main MySQL user.
- Enter in the same password again in the second "New Password" text box.
- Click the Set MySQL Password button. You should then see a message "Your password has successfully been updated, Click here to continue".
Recommended Help Content
I cannot connect to my database locally or remotely, do I have the correct server, username and password?
This article will explain how to change or reset the password for a MySQL user.
This article will explain how to change the password for a database in the event that the original password is lost.
Related Help Content
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin?
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface.
This article will explain MySQL database and user creation and deletion, and explain how to assign a user to a database.
A guide to duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin
How can I connect to our MySQL database from Dreamweaver?
How to Restore your MySQL Database?
A tutorial on how to perminately delete columns from your mySQL database using phpMyAdmin
This article explains how to reset a lost WordPress password using phpMyAdmin.