FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Protecting the php.ini file from being viewed
To prevent people to viewing your php.ini file via a browser a few lines need to be pasted into the .htaccess file.
- Log in to your FastDomain cPanel account.
- Click on File Manager (if prompted, select the checkbox to view hidden files)
- Double-click on the public_html folder to open it
- Right-click on the .htaccess file and then select the "Edit".
- Paste the following code into the bottom of the file and then click save:<Files php.ini> Order allow,deny Deny from all </Files>Now your php.ini file is protected. This change prevents php hackers from finding exploits on your site.
Knowledgebase Article 81,982 views bookmark
sharetags: exploit hide php prevent
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
This article will explain how to run php and other file types using Cron jobs.
Script executed with a cron job requires a specific php.ini file to be used.
Knowledgebase Article 114,316 views tags: command cron cronjob crontab custom line optimizer php zend
How do I increase my file size limit in my PHP application?
Related Help Content
This article will explain how to add a PHP handler to your .htaccess files. This is useful if you want to customize the version of PHP that runs your PHP files.
How can I adjust the php settings specifically for an Addon Domain?
How do I change the PHP environment for my site with php.ini?
The hosts file is a plain text file that allows you to set IP Addresses for a domain on your computer. This may override authoritative DNS.
This article will outline which PHP PEAR Packages are installed and how you can install additional PHP PEAR Packages.
In the newer versions of PHP, they have included a new directive to control and handle remote includes. We disable this option, by default, which may affect some of your PHP scripts.
How to change your PHP version in your hosting account