FastDomain Web Hosting Help
Password Protect a folder on your website
This article explains how to add password protection to a folder on your website
What You Need
You will need the following items to complete this walkthrough.
- The username and password to your FastDomain account.
- The path and name of the folder you want to protect with a password.
Access The Password Protect Directories Tool
- Log in to your FastDomain cPanel account.
- Make sure you are on the cPanel tab at the top of your account.
- Scroll down to the Security group of icons and click on Directory Password.
Protecting a Directory
Navigate the folder structure and select the directory you want.
NOTE: To open a folder and see its contents click the folder. To select a folder for password protection click on the folder name.
- Choose the Password protect this directory option.
- Enter the name for the directory, this will appear whenever someone access the directory.
- Click Save.
Adding A User
- On the Password Directories page, scroll down and under Create user, add a username in the the username box.
- In the password boxes type the password you would like the user to have.
- Click the Add or Modify The Authorized User button.
The folder you selected will now require a username and password to gain access. You can use the username and password you created to gain access.